Our Focus on the Environment Enables our customers to:
- Reduce premature equipment-wear leading to higher maintenance and increased equipment replacement costs.
- Meet environmental regulations
- Reduce water usage, increase visibility on unpaved roads, and decrease diesel fuel consumption along with associated CO2 emissions due to lower operating frequency of water trucks and graders.
- Promote safe handling practices for coal mining, processing, transport and storage operations.
- Improves energy efficiency and fuel consumption by using fuel oil combustion catalysts and fuel stabilisers.
- Have complete piece of mind around Legionella risk management.
Industrial and municipal processes and operational activities often result in the surrounding air quality being affected by stack gas emissions, fugitive dust, noxious odours and dangerous air-borne bacteria. Wind-borne dust and other environmental pollutants can lead to numerous problems such as:
- Acute and chronic health risk from inhalation.
- Irritation to eyes, ears, nose, throat and skin.
- Safety hazard caused by impaired visibility.
- Fire and explosion hazards.
- Increased operating cost due to lost production time.
- Material losses from wind and transport.
- Premature equipment-wear leading to higher maintenance and increased equipment replacement costs.
- Poor relations with the work force and surrounding community.
- Fines and forced work stoppage by environmental regulatory authorities.
Used in the mining, power and steel industries, ImproChem’s road dust control treatment programs are specifically formulated to control fugitive dust from unpaved plant and mine ramps as well as haul roads. Compared to other dust suppressants, ImproChem’s dust suppression programs help Customers reduce water usage, increase visibility on unpaved roads, and decrease diesel fuel consumption along with associated CO2 emissions due to lower operating frequency of water trucks and graders.
ImproChem also provides patented antioxidants and binders for coal, as well as coal dust suppression additives that help prevent fugitive dust emissions and promote safe handling practices for coal mining, processing, transport and storage operations.
The method and equipment used for applying dust suppression products is key to the success of the programme. ImproChem has therefore also developed extensive capability and resources to provide turnkey dust suppression systems and site-specific services for dust control applications.
ImproChem offers two specialised product ranges for odour control:
Hydrogen sulphide and non-hydrogen sulphide inhibitors, scavengers and neutralisers are used to address objectionable odours in a wide range of industrial applications.
Bio-augmentation products are boosted, live microorganism cultures that are specifically formulated for the environment they need to treat. For example effluent streams containing fats, oils and greases (as opposed to mixed domestic or industrial waste streams), will require different microbial strains for optimum results. Bio-augmentation products increase the rate and efficiency of degradation of organic contaminants, thereby reducing the production of offensive odours in wastewater treatment processes.
Heavy Fuel Oil Combustion Emissions
Poor fuel oil combustion, emanating from poor atomisation, low fuel quality, unstable fuels, non-homogenous combustion, coking or wear on burner nozzle tips, are all causes of higher stack emissions. These problems can be reduced by using fuel oil combustion catalysts and fuel stabilisers available from ImproChem. More complete combustion reduces emissions of soot, unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and opacity and, at the same time, improves energy efficiency and fuel consumption.
Because Legionella bacteria are ubiquitous in nature, it can be expected that the potential exists for Legionella to enter and proliferate within domestic, commercial and process water systems. Legionnaires’ disease, which typically manifests as pneumonia-like symptoms, is caused by inhalation of fine aerosols, or microscopic droplets of water contaminated with Legionella bacteria (e.g. aerosols from cooling towers, evaporative condensers, spray ponds, humidifiers, misters, showers, etc.). People most at risk from Legionnaires’ disease include, but are not limited to, the elderly, immuno-compromised individuals, immuno-suppressed individuals, individuals with pulmonary or liver dysfunction and individuals with compromised respiratory systems.
With increased liability concerns, many facilities and industries are facing the need to develop effective prevention programs for Legionella. A robust monitoring and control program can help reduce a facility’s Legionella risk profile. ImproChem has the capability to provide comprehensive Legionella site risk assessment services to industry.